Supersedes all previous policies
Approved by: People's Center Board of Directors
It is the policy of People’s Center Health Services (People's Center) to (1) Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all protected health information it creates, receives, maintains, or transmits. (2) Protect against any reasonably anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such information. (3) Protect against any reasonably anticipated uses or disclosures of such information that are not permitted or required, and, (4) ensure compliance by its workforce.
Procedures to support the policy and to be modified, as needed, and at the discretion of management include:
- Maintaining the designated records set which includes electronic and physical medical records, billing records, and patient logs & reports
- Providing the Notice of Privacy Practices, which includes a hard copy to be delivered upon a patient’s first visit to the clinic; or if upon return, reception notices the acknowledgement form hasn’t been signed, will provide another copy and an electronic copy which is available on our website.
- Maintaining administrative, physical and technical safeguards for the protection of PHI
- Providing training, both for new members and staff and on a recurring basis
- Requiring Business Associate Agreements of any partner that may view, collect, use, distribute or otherwise come in contact with a People's Center patient’s PHI
- Levying sanctions against non-compliance